Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still at it...

Hello again folks!


First let me say the I was RIGHT! The IT center is closed till Thursday. Here in Japan though, it means that it will be open tomorrow. Assuming everything goes right, you guys might get to finally see some pictures on here tomorrow. But untill then, I'm back at the NetCafe.


Now, I have been recently asked by a few people back home if I have gotten one of this cellphones I spoke of. I think my brother referred to it as a "Magical" cellphone. Well, the answer to that question is yes... I have gotten one of these cellphones and it blows my mind. It was a little high priced.


If you come to Japan and want to use a Cellphone while you are here, be prepared to pay $100 dollars or more for the cheapest model. Cellphones here can range in price anywhere from $100 dollars to $1000. However, the best thing about this is that you technically own the cellphone and therefore don't have to pay so much for the service and there is NO cancellation fee. Unlike in the States, where you get the cellphone included in some plans and end up paying for the phone through the monthly cost and cancellation fee.


Overall, my cellphone cost me $150 or so and it was on sale at the time. It would have been easily $300-$400 otherwise. That's one thing I'm starting to love about here. When they put something on sale, they mean it. Also, with insurance, service plan, unlimited internet information packet, I am looking at about $20 - $25 dollars a month to use my cellphone here in Japan. I also got a coupon from a friend that gave me the chance to choose 5 months of free service, or a insanely large cellphone strap of a dog that talks to you in Japanese. Guess which one I got?


Now some restrictions do apply, such as extra fees for calling between 9pm-4am and calling phones from other companies. However, my company is SoftBank and from what I was able to gather from asking the University volunteers and people at the dorm, about 6 out of 10 people have SoftBank. SO basically, with my plan, I can call any Softbank phone for free. Also, I can receive any phone calls, including international, for free.


My time is up for now folks, but I'll be back later. Till then, have fun and keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment