Friday, September 18, 2009

Heads Up! Ahhh my eye!!

Okay folks, back again.

This past 3 days have made me realize a few more important things that I feel you should know if you plan on coming to Japan for any extended amount of time. Unfortunately, this might take a while and I`d like to get it all in one go.

Also, since I am still without Internet and find myself once again back at the internet cafe, I have decided to postpone it. I have spoken with the IT people here at the university and have found out that I will not be able to log onto a wireless connection at the university till the 21st of this month. SO, that being the case, I will wait till then so that I am not paying money per the hour and I can take my time typing up the information I want to pass on to you, my dear readers... Yes, my precious readers... My... Precious...

Okay, that was creepy enough. Back to the post! *cracks whip*

Now that I have given you all a heads up of what I plan to do, I will cut this post short and only say one thing...

Cellphones in Japan are light years ahead of anything in the States.

I mean, I think you need a degree to be able to properly use them. Also, the amount of features on the phones is INSANE. You can do anything with the phones! Anything from making a simple call to scanning bar codes posted all over town that give you web addresses and what not.

Also, you cannot function socially without a cellphone. All cellphones in Japan now come equipped with a small infra-red device that when turned on, you can exchange contact information with another person. They get all your details that you include on your "introduction card" on the phone. You will literally see people standing around holding their phones inches from each other exchanging contact information.

Honestly, its a little overwhelming. Feels like I've been trapped in some kind of hibernation device and have awoken to a world light years ahead from the old world I knew... And that's just the cellphones doing.

I have finally managed to get my pictures onto my laptop. Apparently, when I bought it I didn't realize it came with a card reader. All I did was pop it out of the camera, pop it into the card reader and bingo!... What? I'm not an expert on computers so stop looking at me like that.

Once I'm able to connect to a wireless network on my laptop while on campus, I will upload a bunch of pics.

Until then folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment