Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Old Habbits and all that.

HA! I'm getting good at this. Almost another whole month without a post from me. Technically though, that last post of mine was posted in the beginning of March, but since I started it in February it saved the February date.

But enough excuses. I promised photos from Hokkaido's Sapporo Snow festival and I aim to deliver.
Now, the first thing you see when you enter the snow festival is perhaps the most vital thing for most people... A smoking area. Although the entire event is outside, people that smoke are separated from the rest of the crowd. Throughout the whole park area, there are little huts designated as smoking areas. People go inside, close the door, and smoke. If you've ever seen the cartoons were there is a room of smokers and its just a cloud of smoke with feet at the bottom, that is pretty much what you see when you walk by one of these huts... A cloud of smoke with feet.

Now for the snow and ice sculptures. For sake of space, I will only comment on the pictures I think need commenting.

Okay, the next pictures deserve commenting mainly because I thought they were really cool. Except the last one... The eyes are better not seen.
You have to admit, he made great music.

Now for my next trick! I give you... The elusive snow pigeons!

Call me crazy, but I just didn't expect to see pigeons here... I don't know why.



Okay, when I saw this snow sculpture, I just had to take pictures. Unfortunately, the one with me in from didn't turn out too well... Being a fan of this, it made me sad.


There was also a snow sculpture contest. I kept visiting them throughout the whole week to see the progress. I never thought that this...


Would turn out like this...


Honestly, looking at the first picture, could you guess what it was?

Another thing that took me by surprise was this little stand right here.

Awesome, huh? They had a crowd too, so I waited in line to try it. Unfortunately...

This was the most vile imitation of a taco that I have ever put in my mouth.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Its just that...
Taco Bell was better than this. And those who know me,
know just how much I dislike Taco Bell.

Still, the best part of studying abroad, is trying the different kinds of food at least once. And everything else at the festival was delicious. Especially the Crab Ramen. Man, I wish I could have a bowl of it right now.

Onwards with more pictures!



Now these guys were determined. At night it began to snow and they still kept at it!


Well, I think that will be enough for one post today. Seeing as I have nothing to do till classes start again, I will try to get the next post up sometime before next year... Haha.

Anyways, Until next time folks! Keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment